SREB seeks an experienced policy analyst with a proven track-record analyzing data and in communicating complex policy issues to a variety of constituencies The successful candidate will be able to research, analyze, synthesize, and communicate complex policy issues clearly. The successful candidate must demonstrate exemplary writing, research, and analytical skills as the job requires the individual to produce high-quality written briefs and reports appropriate for a variety of formats. The candidate will be able to meet tight deadlines while balancing multiple responsibilities and meeting high expectations for quality. He or she will be able to work independently as well as collaboratively .
The policy analyst researches and analyzes education data for policy briefs, develops text for publications and other text media, communicates with constituent audiences (including members of the media, personnel in state education agency offices, legislators and their staff) and helps senior SREB staff prepare for high-level briefings. This individual reports to the Director of Policy Analysis.
Policy Analyst or Senior Policy Analyst as determined by credentials and experience
- Master’s degree in public policy or related field required
- At least three years of experience in policy analysis
- Publishing required
- Experience in education policy a plus
- A strong commitment to improving Pre-K through graduate public education
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and basic statistics Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Experience with SAS, SPSS and Social Media a plus
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send, in a single PDF file, a letter of application with a current resume, three relevant writing samples that demonstrate effective news and marketing writing, names and contact information for three professional references and salary requirements. You may apply by: fax 404-872-1477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org