Senior Qualitative Researcher
The senior qualitative researcher will design research and write case studies, vignettes and reports that spotlight successful implementation of school improvement initiatives.
The senior qualitative researcher will produce several case studies annually and produce a video on successful staff development strategies, efforts to link classroom observations, support of college- and career-readiness standards and teacher implementation of college- and career-readiness tools. The case studies and videos will be distributed to policymakers, state professional organizations, school leaders, district leaders and teachers.
duties and responsibilities
The first six months, the senior qualitative researcher will:
- become familiar with SREB’s college- and career-readiness and educator effectiveness efforts,
- develop a program for research publications and reports,
- establish a system for accessing and analyzing data and steps for obtaining stories, and
- establish the outline and storyboard for a video, vignettes and case studies.
- conduct in-depth interviews, take notes from classroom and school visits, and moderate focus groups
- assess surveys and school, district and state data
- regularly communicate and collaborate with the senior leadership team
- develop engaging reports and distribute them strategically
- work with the senior vice president to prepare blogs on the implementation of college- and career-readiness tools in literacy and mathematics
- develop informational documents and research briefs on how a school, district or state overcame challenges in using college- and career-readiness tools and strategies to change the quality of classroom instruction and advance student achievement
- design online student and teacher survey instruments to gauge teacher and student perceptions of classroom implementation
- provide policymakers with positive stories, data sets and results that can be used during discussions and debate of key reforms
- participate as a member of the senior leadership team
qualifications and requirements
Master’s degree or higher in social sciences research or educational research
- experience in creating digital and print products
- experience in qualitative data collection, data analysis and case study development
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- an established record of research
- expertise in using qualitative software packages, such as NVivo, Atlas and Microsoft Suite;
- skilled in working with teachers, school principals and district leaders
- ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send a letter of application with a current resume, the names and contact information (e-mail addresses preferred) of three professional references and salary requirements. All positions are open until filled. You may apply by: fax 404 872-1477 or e-mail: email@example.com.