How SREB serves FLORIDA
The Southern Regional Education Board is a nonprofit compact that works collaboratively with Florida and 15 other member states to improve education at every level from pre-K to postdoctoral study through many effective programs and initiatives. SREB's Challenge to Lead Goals for Education, which call for the region to lead the nation in educational progress, guide much of the organization's work.
SREB informs and advises Florida's state leaders, legislators and educators on state progress in education through policy research and reports, conferences and meetings. SREB also provides school improvement programs for middle grades and high schools; issues updates on key topics;and provides professional development and other services to educators at all levels to improve instruction, student achievement, teacher quality and leadership. Member states are able to share many resources through SREB, saving money and achieving results that otherwise would be impossible.
For more information
- See the latest edition of Florida State Notes 2013 for a summary of SREB's activities in the state. Also, read the 2013 SREB Annual Report.
- Go to Legislative Action and click on the reports in the left column to learn about the state's latest legislative activities in education.
- The SREB Data Library gives you state-specific information about elementary, secondary and higher education, including a list of the state's public postsecondary education institutions and information on coordination and governance.
- Looking to save money on college tuition? The Academic Common Market helps state residents attend college in other states at in-state tuition rates, in selected areas of study.
- Have additional questions? Contact SREB's State Services or Communications offices at (404) 875-9211.