To submit a handout, click “Submit Handouts” and login. Select “Review” for the session you wish to add a handout to, then select “Submit Handouts” in the Abstract section. Browse for the file you need and then click “Add.”
2017 Proposals to Present
- We will begin accepting proposals to present this fall — the exact date has not yet been determined.
- Please note that all presenters must register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
- All accepted presenters are required to attend an Orientation Webinar before the conference — an invitation will be included in the acceptance email.
Presentation Rooms and Equipment
- All presentation rooms and the convention center will have Wi-Fi and screens.
- Rooms are set up as Theater or Rounds. Theater means the room is set up with rows of chairs facing the presenter. Rounds means the room is set up with tables; each table is able to hold up to ten people.
- There are three types of sessions: Mini-Sharing, 60 Minutes and 120 Minutes (Deep-Dive).
- Mini-Sharing Sessions are two, back-to-back, 25-minute presentations to small groups attendees.
- 60-Minute Sessions last the full 60 minutes and are the most common type of session.
- 120-Minute Session, also known as Deep-Dives, last the full 120 minutes (plus a 15-minute break) and delve deeply into a specific topic.
- Presenters are expected to bring their own laptops, data projectors, speakers and any other extra equipment they require (microphones are provided if the room is very large).
- If you need Audio/Visual equipment onsite, contact OnStage at (800) 967-2419 to rent their equipment. OnStage personnel will be at the conference to assist presenters with setting up rooms and handle any technical issues that arise.
Presenter Etiquette and Best Practices
- Provide strategies that attendees can implement as soon as they return to their schools and districts.
- Make sure your attendees are engaged! Like students, adult learners aren’t satisfied with 60- or 120-minute lectures.
- Respect participants’ time. Don’t spend overly long introducing yourself or your school, but don’t end too early either. Attendees have plenty of time (15 minutes) to move between sessions.
If you have not yet booked a hotel room, please contact Connections Housing at (404) 842-0000 or (800) 262-9974. For more information, go to: http://www.sreb.org/post/hotels
For questions regarding proposals, email email@example.com.