Training: Readiness Institute
July 10-13, 2017
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
2800 Opryland Dr, Nashville, TN 37214
Join over 80 teachers as you learn how to implement the SREB Ready courses:
The Ready for College courses, Literacy Ready and Math Ready, are offered during the senior year to prepare students for the rigors of college and postsecondary studies. The Ready for High School courses in Literacy and Math are offered during the eighth or ninth grade to prepare students for high school.
- Literacy Ready: Ready for College-Level Reading and Writing
- Math Ready: Ready for College-Level Math
- Ready for High School Literacy
- Ready for High School Mathematics
Schedule at a Glance
Teachers will attend four days of training, attending full days of training on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Participants will also be registered for the 30th Annual High Schools That Work Staff Development Summer Conference and will be able to attend conference sessions on Friday and Saturday. To be eligible for the stipend, teachers must attend all four days of the training. Please plan travel accordingly, arriving Sunday night and leaving no earlier than Thursday night.
Space Limited: Applications Available NOW
Participants will be limited to the first 20 teachers from schools who have submitted a completed application, including a commitment to implement the course at your school. Once your application is approved, SREB staff will assist you with the registration process. The application can be download today. Email us at Ready@sreb.org if you have any questions.
- $700 stipend available for the first 20 teachers to register for each course
- Reimburses $350 cost of registration & provides $350 for assistance with travel costs
- Stipends are provided to participants upon completion of training