Training: Readiness Institute
July 10-13, 2017
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
2800 Opryland Dr, Nashville, TN 37214
Join over 80 teachers as you learn how to implement the SREB Readiness Courses:
The Ready for College courses, Literacy Ready and Math Ready, are offered during the senior year to prepare students for the rigors of college and postsecondary studies. The Ready for High School courses in Literacy and Math are offered during the eighth or ninth grade to prepare students for high school.
- Literacy Ready: Ready for College-Level Reading and Writing
- Math Ready: Ready for College-Level Math
- Ready for High School Literacy
- Ready for High School Mathematics
Schedule at a Glance
Teachers will attend four full days of training – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Participants will also be registered for the 31st Annual High Schools That Work Staff Development Summer Conference and will be able to attend conference sessions on Friday and Saturday. To be eligible for a stipend, teachers must attend all four days of the training. Please plan travel accordingly, arriving Sunday night and leaving no earlier than Thursday night.
Applications Available NOW
Stipends are available to teachers from schools that have submitted a completed application, including a commitment to implement a Readiness Course at your school. Once your application is approved, SREB staff will assist you with the registration process. The application can be download today. Email us at Ready@sreb.org if you have questions.
- Teachers that register to participate in a course will receive a $700 stipend.
- Stipends reimburse the $350 registration fee and provide $350 for assistance with travel.
- Stipends are provided to participants upon completion of training.