Search: Teaching to Lead
Great teachers are the key to preparing students for success after high school. The Teaching to Lead teacher preparation program helps new career and technical education teachers become great teachers.
- SREB has provided yearlong professional development and classroom coaching for new and veteran CTE teachers in the Syracuse City School District in Syracuse, New York.
- The Research and Curriculum Unit at Mississippi State University leads the professional development with support from the Mississippi Office of Career and Technical Education and Workforce Development.
- The West Virginia Division of Technical, Adult and Institutional Education supports four teacher educators at West Virginia University Institute of Technology to lead the yearlong professional development.
- Vermont Technical College works with the new CTE teachers in Vermont.
- The CTE coordinators in the Metropolitan Nashville School District lead the professional development.
- The Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education provides the leadership for Teaching to Lead.
- The University of Central Missouri is using the Teaching to Lead modules for professional development with new and veteran CTE teachers.
SREB works with states, districts or schools to develop the scope and sequence of the professional development delivery method best suited to meet their needs.