Search: Summer Conferences Microsite
Did you attend SREB’s 2019 Summer Conferences? Your district may offer continuing education credits that recognize your participation. Complete our Making Schools Work Conference Survey to receive a certificate that you may be able to use to earn CEUs. CEUs are not issued by SREB.
Watch highlights from 2019 and catch up on the networking, learning and fun — and don’t miss us in 2020!
We’re excited to welcome you to New Orleans for SREB’s 2020 Making Schools Work Conference!
Here, in this little corner of the American South, where European traditions blend with Caribbean influences, the history is as colorful as the architecture; the food is the stuff of legend. New Orleans is …The Crescent City …a sportsman’s paradise … the birthplace of Jazz … a place like no other.
Students thrive when K-12 teachers and leaders create meaningful learning experiences, provide personalized supports and encourage them to make the effort needed to succeed.
Benefits of Attending
Conference keynotes, promising practice sessions, deep-dives, table talks and flash talks bring attendees together to share strategies for creating cultures of excellence, encouragement and success in their K-12 classrooms, schools or technology centers.
More reasons to attend:
- Engage with experts and thought leaders
- Celebrate student and school success stories
- Explore literacy and math strategies that help students meet grade-level standards
- Identify academic, social, emotional and behavioral supports for students who struggle with the effects of poverty or trauma
- Develop school or district plans for school improvement
- Inspire students to make the connection between success in the classroom and their career and college goals
- Learn how to use data to make informed decisions
- Build strong school teams
- Network with educators from 30+ states
We invite you to learn more about conference objectives and sessions, register and submit a proposal that shares how you’ve enhanced student engagement and achievement and improved the culture of your school, center or postsecondary institution.
The Making Schools Work Conference features over 400 innovative, inspirational sessions led by educators like you that go to the heart of pressing educational challenges, such as ensuring equitable access to quality learning and addressing the effects of poverty.
Our conference sessions feature classroom-tested tools and strategies that can be used right away to transform teaching and learning. Promising practices like yours are the reason school teams return to SREB’s summer conferences again and again!