Part-time temporary position
15-20 hours per week, September through December
SREB is looking for a temporary, part-time Research Assistant. The position will be a part of our State Services division that serves a wide range of education policy leaders in SREB’s 16 member states, including governors, state legislators, executive and legislative staff and K-12 and postsecondary agency officials. This position will assist in connecting policymakers with custom information and assistance on education issues.
This is a temporary, part-time opportunity, working 15-20 hours a week, September through December. Scheduling of work hours is flexible.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for conducting research projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate must have strong research skills, excellent writing skills, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing to our members. The job requires a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education or a related field (graduate level coursework preferred) and research experience in an education or public policy environment.
Essential functions of the job include:
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on data/research;
- Assisting in the compilation, publication and communication of research findings at the direction of State Services staff;
- Responding to inquiries from stakeholders at the direction of State Services staff;
- Monitoring and interpreting legislative, regulatory, and budget actions pertaining to education programs and initiatives and evaluating their impact;
- Using a variety of methods including on-line resources and contact with state staff to obtain information;
- Assisting with upcoming meetings; and
- Supporting the division’s publications.
Submit cover letter, two writing samples, and three recommendations from previous or current employer or faculty member to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate students currently enrolled in an accredited school are encouraged to apply.
Southern Regional Education Board is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.