Academic Common Market

Study in a specialized field at an out-of-state college. Pay in-state tuition rates.

Note on COVID-19

SREB staff is aware of temporary institutional closures and moving face-to-face courses into an online format. A student’s Academic Common Market status will not be affected by courses being moved online or by temporary closures due to coronavirus/COVID-19. Students should check with both their institutional and state ACM coordinators for any updates to policies or practices related to the pandemic.

Is a degree program you’d like to pursue not available in your state? Is out-of state tuition a barrier to a major offered at a college in another state? 

You’re in the right place. For more than 35 years, SREB’s Academic Common Market has enabled students to pursue out-of-state college degrees at in-state tuition rates, through agreements among the states and colleges and universities.

Search from more than 1,900 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in 15 states. 

To qualify, you must: 

Be a resident of one of 15 participating SREB states.

Select a program eligible for residents of your home state.

Complete the admission process at the institution that offers the program.

Be certified as a resident of your home state by contacting your state’s ACM coordinator.

Read the ACM brochure for more details.