Gene Bottoms Pacesetter School Awards
At the 2020 Making Schools Work Conference, SREB will recognize outstanding middle grades schools, high schools and technology centers that have implemented SREB’s school improvement frameworks and are achieving success in meeting bold goals related to graduation, readiness and credential attainment.
SREB’s evidence-based school improvement frameworks are grounded in the belief that when states, districts and schools create personalized, meaningful learning experiences and encourage students to succeed, students will make the effort needed to master complex academic and technical concepts.
To be recognized as a Pacesetter School, schools must:
- Be an active member of one or more of the Making Schools Work networks for the middle grades, high schools or career and technology centers — for two consecutive years.
- Administer SREB’s student and teacher surveys.
- Provide evidence of implementing school improvement strategies related to engaging instruction, aligned curricula, career pathways, systems of support or leadership for continuous improvement.
- Provide documented evidence of student achievement.
- Participate in the 2020 Making Schools Work Conference by presenting a session aligned with one or more of the conference objectives.
All nominations must be received by December 4, 2019. Please email completed forms to Jasmine Jones.