This conference will provide innovative, proven strategies that will prepare students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in school and the workplace. To meet these challenges, the conference has set the following goals:
- Offer intellectually demanding career and technical education programs aligned to postsecondary and workplace opportunities.
- Have high school students graduate with the habits of behavior and mind that will make them successful in postsecondary studies and careers.
- Graduate at least 95 percent of students on time with 80 percent ready for advanced training or college.
- Prepare 90 percent of middle grades students to enter ninth grade ready for high school.
- Equip at least 80 percent of students with the foundational learning skills essential for success in college and careers.
- Prepare young adults to acquire the skill sets needed to earn a credential of value.
- Assist students to formulate career goals based on accurate information about opportunities and choose postsecondary institutions and majors that will maximize their career options.
- See how these and other innovative ideas can engage your students while preparing them for life after graduation, whether it’s going to college, starting a career or both.