Credentials for All: Preparing Students for College and Careers
This conference will provide innovative, proven strategies that will prepare students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in school and the workplace. To meet these challenges, the conference has set the following goals:
- Offer intellectually demanding career and technical education programs aligned to postsecondary and workplace opportunities.
- Have high school students graduate with the habits of behavior and mind that will make them successful in postsecondary studies and careers.
- Graduate at least 90 percent or more of students with 80 percent ready for advanced training or college.
- Prepare middle grades students who are ready to succeed in high school.
- Equip students with the foundational learning skills essential for success in further study and the workplace.
- Prepare young adults to acquire the skill sets needed to pursue postsecondary goals that will lead to good jobs.
- Assist students to formulate career goals based on accurate information about opportunities and choose postsecondary institutions and majors that will maximize their career options.
- See how these and other innovative ideas can engage your students while preparing them for life after graduation, whether it’s going to college, starting a career or both.