Submit a TCTW Forum Session Proposal
Share your school or center’s promising practices with a national network of CTE educators at the 2019 TCTW Leaders’ Forum.
Forum attendees will participate in a full agenda aligned with the Forum’s theme and one of its five strands, based on the problems of practice they identify during registration.
This year, by popular demand, each strand agenda will include opportunities for attendees to lead expert sharing sessions and poster flash talk sessions that spotlight their school or center’s promising practices and allow participants to learn from each other.
Session proposals are due January 7, 2019. Participants will receive notice of acceptance by January 11.
TCTW Forum Strands
- Quality Instruction – How does the school or center ensure each student is engaged in all classrooms through quality instruction aligned with grade-level standards?
- Aligned Curriculum – How does the school or center provide each student with access to a curriculum aligned with college readiness standards?
- Career Pathways – How does the school or center ensure each student has access to and completes a high-quality career pathway aligned with student interests and aptitudes?
- Systems of Support – How does the school or center ensure each student receives appropriate supports to graduate college and career ready?
- Culture of Continuous Improvement – What systems and processes are in place to support a culture of continuous improvement in the school or center?
Interested in presenting? Choose a strand and the session type that works best for your school or center.
Expert Sharing Sessions
Expert sharing sessions are 40-minute presentations that tackle problems of practice and align with one of the Forum’s five strands. Expert sharing sessions are your chance to spotlight strategies that have enhanced student engagement and achievement and improved the culture of your school or center. Submit an expert sharing session proposal.
Participants whose expert sharing sessions proposals are accepted will be scheduled to present on Wednesday, February 6. SREB will provide an LCD projector, if needed. Participants are responsible for bringing their own laptops and any handouts they wish to distribute. We recommend making 60 copies of each handout.
Poster Flash Talk Sessions
By popular demand, SREB has added poster flash talks to this year’s TCTW Leaders’ Forum! Posters are an ideal way to share key facts about promising practices or pedagogies in your school or classroom using an attractive mix of text, graphs, tables, pictures and other media. Poster flash talk sessions will run every 10 minutes in four continuous sessions in a designated exhibit area at the Forum. Attendees will come and view posters and interact with you, the poster presenter. Submit a poster flash talk proposal.
Participants whose poster flash talk proposals are accepted are responsible for designing, printing and transporting their posters. Posters should be no larger than 48″ x 36.” We recommend that all important text be readable from 10 feet away. Consider writing a short title; keeping word counts low; using bullets, numbers and headlines to improve readability; and using clear, readable fonts and layouts. All posters must include your name, institutional affiliation, and any citations or sources.
Need more poster tips? Consider this online guide: bit.ly/PosterSessionTips.