You cannot view or download the application until January 1, 2015
- Confirm that you are enrolled in or applying to a Ph.D. program. All other doctoral degree programs are ineligible, including D.B.A., D.D.S., D.N.P., D.P.T., D.V.M., Ed.D., J.D., M.D., Pharm.D., etc.
- Confirm that you are enrolled in or applying to a participating institution in a participating state. (See Participating States & Institutions.)
- Confirm whether you are eligible for the Doctoral Award (for scholars within the first year of their Ph.D. program or who are expecting admission before the academic year begins) OR the Dissertation Award (for scholars who have completed all course work and comprehensive/preliminary exams and who have defended (or will defend) the dissertation prospectus successfully before the academic year begins).
- Confirm that you meet all citizenship (U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident status) and state residency eligibility requirements. Note: In-state residency is required in GA, MD, MS, SC, TN and VA. If applying to institutions in GA, MD, MS, SC, TN or VA, you must submit verification of in-state residency from the university. This is not the same as "in-state tuition status" granted to some out-of-state scholars.
- Download, complete and submit all required application materials for either the Doctoral Award OR the Dissertation Award:
- Doctoral Award application OR Dissertation Award application
- Doctoral Award application checklist OR Dissertation Award application checklist
- Letter of interest (including statement of teaching goals)
- Three letters of recommendation
- All transcripts
- Letter or email providing evidence of acceptance.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship (copy of birth certificate, not driver's licence) or permanent U.S. resident status (copy of permanent resident I.D. card)
- Verification from the university of in-state residency status, if applying in GA, MD, MS, SC, TN or VA. This is not the same as in-state tuition status, which is sometimes granted to out-of-state scholars.
- Verification from the department chairperson of passing score on preliminary/comprehensive exams and successful defense of dissertation prospectus before the start of the academic year, if applying for the one-year Dissertation Award.
- TN will only be supporting Dissertation Awards for the 2014-2015 year.
Please mail your checklist and complete application packet to:
SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program
Southern Regional Education Board
592 10th Street N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30318-5776
Applications become the property of the SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program and are destroyed after selections are made for the academic year.
For more questions, contact Chanell Turner at email@example.com