DSP Fellowship Application Process
Complete and submit all the materials below through the online application.
- Take the eligibility quiz to see if you are eligible to apply.
- Fill out the doctoral or dissertation web application form.
- Provide all the materials listed below:
- Letter of interest/personal statement (including statement of teaching goals). See FAQs page for guidelines.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (can be unofficial copies)
- Letter or email providing confirmation of acceptance to a doctoral program
- Verification of U.S. citizenship
- Birth certificate or U.S. passport
- Permanent resident I.D. card (only if the applicant was not born in the U.S.)
- Verification from the university of in-state residency
status if applying to Georgia, Maryland, South
Carolina or Virginia. This is not the same
as in-state tuition status, which is sometimes granted to
- Residency is determined by the institution. The in-state residency document can normally be obtained from the university registrar/residency office.
- If applying for the one-year Dissertation Award: Verification from the department chairperson of successfully passing the preliminary/comprehensive exams and successful defense of the dissertation prospectus before the start of the academic year.