Programs of Study: The Brevard Public Schools Experience – Webinar
Participants in the NRCCTE’s video about POS in Brevard Public
Schools (BPS) discussed the development of POS in BPS and
answered questions about the Brevard experience during a one-hour
live webinar held on Thursday, May 6, 2010.
The Brevard video is the second of three site-based videos on the experiences of districts and schools implementing POS. The NRCCTE visited Viera High School, part of BPS, and talked to faculty, staff, and students from BPS and Brevard Community College (BCC). BPS has worked with its postsecondary and business-and-industry partners on its advisory committees to organize its POS to help students, parents, and counselors plan rigorous and relevant course sequences leading to industry-recognized credentials and postsecondary credit-earning opportunities, particularly through its college credit certificates (CCCs).
Brevard webinar participants included:
- Margaret Lewis, Director of Career and Technical Education, BPS
- Janice Scholz, Resource Teacher, Office of CTE, BPS
- Heather Price, Resource Teacher, Secondary Schools of National Prominence (SSNP), BPS
- Paula Bewerse, SSNP Guidance, BPS
- Cindy Ivey, Career and Technical Program Transition Specialist, Brevard Community College