Results of the SREB National Survey on Teacher Development for College and Career Readiness
This report presents findings from SREB’s National Survey on Teacher Development for College- and Career-Readiness Standards, which collected information on college- and career-readiness efforts and subsequent teacher development across the nation. SREB staff developed and electronically distributed the survey to three education-sector professionals in each of the 50 states. The survey examined:
- the status of college- and career-readiness standards in the states
- the anticipated impact of the national Common Core State Standards on pre-service and in-service teacher education
- the nature of current and anticipated teacher development activities related to college- and career-readiness standards
- current state policies concerning teacher development activities related to college- and career-readiness standards, and
- potential challenges to providing teacher development on college- and career-readiness standards.
The report analyzes survey results and concludes there is a need to define college and career readiness across the nation. Also, few states have professional development or teacher preparation modules or guidelines designed specifically around college- and career-readiness standards.