Evaluating Personal Career Wellness
SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program Webinar Series
In this webinar, Steph Kalina of Liberty Mutual led a discussion on career wellness, which refers to the state of one’s overall career satisfaction and success, encompassing various aspects such as work-life balance, personal growth, and job fulfillment.
- What encompasses career wellness?
- Evaluating personal career wellness during different stages:
- Before employment
- During the job search
- During your tenure with an employer
- Determining whether the career opportunity aligns with career goals
- Understanding what drives meaning for individual career seekers
Steph Kalina is a fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and has a Master’s of Actuarial Science from Boston University. Steph joined Liberty Mutual in 2015 and currently manages a team of data scientists focused on creating generalized linear models supporting Safeco private passenger auto. She is a career changer, having previously been a lab manager at MIT before pivoting to actuarial science, and is a new mom to a nine-month-old daughter.