Promising practice sessions (60 minutes) highlight powerful practices and pedagogies that transform teaching and learning in any disciplinary area and in any setting — including elementary schools, middle grades schools, high schools, shared-time or full-time technology centers and postsecondary institutions.
1. Engaging Instruction — Engage each student in every classroom through high-quality instruction that incorporates powerful literacy and mathematics practices and project-based assignments.
2. Aligned Curriculum — Ensure each student has equitable access to challenging academic and technical curricula that align instruction, assignments and assessments with grade-level readiness standards.
3. Career Pathways — Offer each student access to career pathways and programs of study that align with workforce needs and include opportunities to earn industry or postsecondary credentials and participate in work-based learning.
4. Systems of Support — Provide each student with the personalized career guidance, advisement, social and emotional supports, and extra help and accelerated learning opportunities needed to graduate ready for college and careers.
5. Leadership for Continuous Improvement — Engage the whole school community in promoting a culture of high expectations and continuously using data to identify problems of practice and develop action plans to solve those problems.