State Leaders’ Forum
Annual Convening Targets Readiness and Attainment
SREB’s annual State Leaders’ Forum convenes teams of legislators, policymakers, state board members, secondary and postsecondary education leaders, and workforce development agency representatives to explore policies and practices that help more young adults graduate from high school with a head start on the postsecondary credentials and degrees they need to secure well-paying jobs.
During the Forum, state teams share promising policies and practices for designing and implementing career pathways leading to fulfilling careers.
Topics discussed include:
- Reorganizing low-performing schools around pathways
- Aligning career pathways with labor market demand
- Redesigning the senior year of high school to accelerate credential attainment
- Offering Advanced Career pathways and project-based curricula
- Supporting student transitions from the middle grades and high school to postsecondary education
- Increasing credential and degree attainment in fields like computer science, information technology (IT), cybersecurity and health care
Participants leave the Forum with action plans for achieving their college and career readiness and credential attainment goals. SREB provides follow-up technical assistance to attending states.
For more information, contact email@example.com.