Bob Belle Service Grant Awards
The SREB Doctoral Scholars Program believes in being “more than a check and a handshake.” The Bob Belle Service Grant is another way that the program seeks to empower scholars to make a difference in their communities. The Service project has to encourage students to explore educational opportunities and can involve K-12 and /or undergraduate college students. All program graduates are eligible to apply. Two service grants of $3,000.00 will be awarded to two program graduates that will use the funds to create a project that exposes/encourages the next generation of students to expand their educational horizons. Deadline to apply: November 15, 2020
- All program graduates are eligible to apply, but winners/awardees can only apply for the award once every three years.
- The project has to, in some way, encourage students to explore educational opportunities. For example: Supplying lunch to female high school students attending a STEM talk, conducting a FAFSA/college application writing seminar, having college recruiters come and talk to middle/high school students, etc.
- The project can involve K-12 and/or undergraduate college students.
- Projects should start and conclude a year from the award notification date.
Doctoral Scholars Association Service Grant Proposal Guidelines
- The proposal should be no more than 2 pages, single spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point font
- The cover sheet is not included in the 2 pages, and should be the first page of the document.
- Use the budget template provided
- Service Project Name (should incorporate the subject matter of what/who the graduate will be working with)
- Service Project Time-frame/dates (including any preparation time)
- Service Project Description
- Clearly stated goals and/or objectives
- Information on who the graduate will be serving
- Projected amount of those that will be served
- Service Project Budget (including allocation of $1,000 DSA service grant, if awarded)
- Service Project Evaluation criteria
- Information on they will evaluate program outcomes/outputs
- Details on the intended impact of the project
Doctoral Scholars Association Service Grant Report Guidelines
- Awardees are required to submit a half-page and singled spaced six month report on general progress (preparation completed, meetings conducted, etc.) toward the execution of the project.
- A final grant report will be due a year from the award date.
This report will be:
- 2 pages, single spaced
- Report the outcomes of the project including: objectives, activities, evaluation outcomes/outputs and total expenditures.