Takeda HBCU STEM Fellows Program
SREB is partnering with the National Institute for Inclusive Competitiveness and Takeda Pharmaceuticals to increase minority student interest in STEM careers and prepare them for doctoral-level education. The partnership is dedicated to a vision of placing more students from underserved, underrepresented populations in the STEM fields.
Applications for the 2022 summer cohort are closed.
About the Program
Takeda Pharmaceuticals has several initiatives to increase diversity in the biopharma and health care industries. The Takeda HBCU STEM Immersion, Industry, and Innovation (I3) Fellows Program is an internship, scholarship and STEM pathway program designed to produce a new generation of researchers poised to address health disparity issues that plague communities of the most vulnerable populations.
Successful applicants will become part of a Doctoral Scholars Program pipeline network at the Southern Regional Education Board and receive training about the innovation economy and entrepreneurship through the National Institute for Inclusive Competitiveness.
Participants in the I3 Fellows Program will receive the following:
- A paid summer internship at a U.S. Takeda facility during the summer of 2022
- A $5,000 needs-based scholarship (up to $2,500 per semester)
- Mentoring by a Takeda medical affairs professional
- Attendance at the fall 2022 Institute on Teaching and Mentoring
- Participation in the SREB Doctoral Scholars pipeline network
- Support from SREB’s Doctoral Scholars Program in preparing for and applying to a graduate program, including: a GRE preparation course, graduate school application assistance, graduate school application fees and a funded campus visit
How to Apply
Complete the form below. If you qualify to apply, you will receive an email message with a link to the application.