Learning-Centered Leadership Program
Preparing Transformational School Leaders
States, districts and schools need support choosing, preparing and supporting principals, assistant principals and teacher-leaders who can transform teaching and learning in their schools and ensure that all students have equitable access to quality learning experiences.
SREB’s Learning-Centered Leadership Program supports leaders of K-12 schools and technology centers through customizable professional development, mentoring and job-embedded leadership coaching.
With LCLP, school leaders build their capacity to:
- Communicate a vision of excellence
- Lead continuous improvement efforts
- Use data to inform decisions
- Recognize standards-driven instruction
- Foster a positive learning environment
- Provide actionable feedback to teachers
Customizable Design and Delivery
For Aspiring School Leaders
SREB helps states, districts and schools:
- Assess and improve the school leader selection process
- Strengthen the principal preparation pipeline
- Partner with postsecondary to enhance leadership courses and internship experiences
For Current School Leaders
LCLP’s training modules on topics like data use, culture and communication can be customized to suit diverse audiences. SREB can help states, districts and schools:
- Evaluate leadership training and preparation programs
- Create engaging training experiences and support in-house training
- Provide targeted coaching on new instructional practices
- Provide self-paced, job-embedded development
LCLP is an integral component of SREB’s Making Schools Work school improvement process, which engages educators and school leaders in identifying problems of practice, implementing research-based solutions to those problems and learning within a collaborative network of schools nationwide.