Social-Emotional Learning During a Pandemic
News, stories and videos about teachers, counselors and school leaders
In this issue of our Promising Practices Newsletter, explore how social-emotional learning is more important than ever to help students succeed. Learn how a school equity strategist is helping schools support and nurture Black girls by cultivating authentic leaders, strengthening adult SEL and advancing culturally responsive practices.
Inside this edition:
- Social-Emotional Learning During a Pandemic
- SREB’s SEL Workshops
- Equity in Education: Practical Applications of Research
- Diversity and Discipline: Black Girls in Crisis
- Hands-On Learning… at a Distance: Adapting CTE to Hybrid Settings
- It’s Time — Send Us Your Proposals to Present at the 2021 Making Schools Work Conference!
- A video sneak peek of featured speaker, Principal Baruti Kafele, on social justice education
- 2020 Pacesetter School Award Winner in the Spotlight: Penta Career Center, Perrysburg, Ohio