Ready Model District Grants
SREB Ready Model District Grants
In the Spring of 2018, the Southern Regional Education Board invited school districts interested in implementing SREB Readiness Courses to apply for a SREB Ready Model District grant. The competition was open to districts with multiple schools that had not implemented the SREB Readiness Courses, or those that were in the initial stages of implementation, to form a strategic partnership to address student readiness for high school and postsecondary studies.
2018-2019 Ready District Grant Winners
Two-year grants of $10,000 were awarded to six districts, with $5,000 of funding awarded in 2018-19 and in 2019-20.
Congratulations to the six winning districts that are listed below:
- Bowling Green Independent School District, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Graves County Schools, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Pike County School District, Troy, Alabama
- Pikeville Independent School District, Pikeville, Kentucky
- Roswell Independent School District, Roswell, New Mexico
- Yukon Public Schools, Yukon, Oklahoma