This course emphasizes understanding of mathematics concepts rather than just memorizing procedures. Math Ready students learn the context behind procedures and understand why to use a certain formula or method to solve a problem. By engaging students in real-world applications, Math Ready develops critical thinking skills that students will use in college and their careers.
Note that Math Ready is not designed to prepare students for advanced mathematics in STEM majors.
Math Ready Outline
- Unit 1 Algebraic Expressions
- Unit 2 Equations
- Unit 3 Measurement and Proportional Reasoning
- Unit 4 Linear Functions
- Unit 5 Linear Systems of Equations
- Unit 6 Quadratic Functions
- Unit 7 Exponential functions
- Unit 8 Statistics